Monday, May 3, 2010

Picture/Video Update

So, as promised here is an update on Charlie man. He is currently one week away from being 7 months old (what?!). I can't find my paper from his 6 month check up so I don't remember his weight and height...but it was in the 50th percentile. He is currently wearing size 9 months in most clothes...6-9 months in pajamas ...size 2-3 diapers. His head is looking great! We go tomorrow for an adjustment appointment. So, I'll update later this week on that...hopefully I can post a before and after pic of where we are so far. He does have one tooth on the bottom and I'm pretty sure the one next to it is on it's way. He's been sleeping relatively well lately and "talking" a lot more. He is rolling to both sides, but has only made it on to his tummy twice (I tricked him by having him reach for a toy...but he figured that out quick). He can do it, he just doesn't want to. He is sitting up REALLY good by himself. He has started eating some baby food...so far we've tried green beans, sweet potatoes, applesauce, prunes, and carrots. So far I haven't found anything he doesn't like :) I think that's it for now...so enjoy the pics & videos!

Just woke up from a nap...


Smiling at Daddy.Trey calls this the pirate paci...only real pirates use it upside down. (Notice he is trying to blow it out of his mouth though :)

Napping on his side...I started trying to get him to nap on his side so when we get the helmet off he doesn't just sleep on his back.
Practice sitting and the funny faces that follow...






Kaboom!Also, we finally finished decorating the new helmet. See below...


Prince Charming for sure!


Ok, so this one I need to explain. Trey got a haircut and then when he got home he was playing with Charlie and tickling him and kissing him...once he was done we looked and Charlie has a beard!! It was really funny, but a pain to clean up.

Happy boy...in this one you can kind of see his little tooth.

Thumbs up? Not to be confused with gig 'em.
Sic' Em bears? Sorry Amy, Hook 'Em is a little too complex at this point :)

Sitting and playing with his music.



And finally, does it make me a bad Mom that I think these are totally adorable?

Laughing.

Talking to Momma.

3 comments:

  1. Firstly, I don't think I could live without this blog, so thanks for continually updating us on Charlie! I miss the little tyke!

    Secondly, don't worry about the hook 'em. It's much more sophisticated than other college signs, not just anyone can do it! ;) He'll get there quickly, though. It's in his blood on both sides, after all.

    Thirdly, love the funny faces he makes while sitting up! Also, did he get Trey's hair in his eyes? That must've been a real pain to clean up.

    Fourthly, I don't think it makes you a bad mother that you find those adorable. I think it's the same common feeling you have when a kid thinks their world is ending because of an ant bite or the like. You just can't help but laugh at their intensity about life. It's good, helps ground them.

    Fifthly, I love how frustrated he seems in the talking video. You know he's got so much to say and is just trying to get it out, and he sighs so pathetically when we don't understand him. I can't wait to see what happens when he starts figuring out this language thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - we miss you too, but 13 days till Disney!!

    Yes he did get one piece of hair in his eye and I had to hold him down to get it out. Let's just say Trey isn't allowed within two feet next time he gets a hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyye, Sic 'Em Bears! We need to teach him to do that whenever we say that! It'll be adorable!
    i'm so glad that you post pictures, i miss him so much! And you guys too, of course.
    Can't wait to see you all in 13 days. GET EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete