Saturday, May 8, 2010

Helmet Graduation!!

Well we had some great news this week! On Tuesday we went for an adjustment appointment for Charlie's helmet. They looked at his head and were like...wow he has had great growth, let's go scan his head. So we went down to the scanning room and did the scan. After they evaluated all the numbers (symmetry, circumference, etc.) they told us he had met all of his goals and the back of his head was now 99.9% symmetrical! They told us it's not "perfect", still a little flat in some areas, but if we are happy with how it looked we could be done! We didn't hesitate...we had been saying for a week or so that his head was really looking great. I also felt like the helmet was really holding him back developmentally and was ready to have it off. So, we are done!! It was so exciting and unexpected. I went back through my pictures and unfortunately I don't have any really good before shots of his head...here are the only two I could find...


And here is after...beautiful!


We've had the helmet off for a few days now and it has been so great. I had forgotten how nice it was to cuddle and hold my baby with his fuzzy head next to my face. We are so grateful that that chapter of our life is done! Thank you God for providing ways to correct problems so quickly without surgery!

Now on to the random picture portion of our post...

Signing Grammy & Nonnie's (Grand)mother's Day cards...


Hook 'em?? As Aunt Amy says...a tasty Hook 'em!!

Reeeeeach for it!!!
Oh we also have started putting Charlie in the carts at stores now since he is doing so great at sitting up. It is much easier on me when I'm by myself with him (don't have to carry the huge carseat or push the stroller). Here are a few shots from our first attempt at Target...

Blinded! Sorry!

Relaxin'


The following are my attempts to get a picture of him smiling...he moves too much!!!



And finally some oldies but goodies I found on Trey's phone...

Maybe 1 day old...he had jaundice so he had to wear the little protective glasses...hence the velcro on his temples.

Somewhere around a week or two old.
Maybe 3 months old...not sure.
Pretty recent, but I love his face in the mirror!!
Hahaha so sad.....
Charlie LOVES it when I jump out and yell boo at him...he is a video of it. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. His little frowns are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! And YAY for no helmet!

    i was playing the video and Jason was over at his computer. i was cracking up, but Jason thought Charlie was crying in the video. i told him he was laughing. That's so great that he does that now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha no I wouldn't be doing it if he was crying. Yeah it is great...his laugh is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Congrats on your graduation, Charlie! You have an awesome round head. :) And Dana, congrats on getting to snuggle with Charlie's sweet fuzzy head again without the fear of getting smacked in the face.

    ReplyDelete