Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Just had to share this...

I realize that everyone that comes to this blog is looking for Charlie updates/pics/videos, but I have a little tidbit I'd like to share slightly off subject...

Let me start by saying...this being a Mom business has been a little rough lately. Charlie is teething and not sleeping well. I'm slightly stressed/nervous about his development (not standing or playing on tummy at all). I'm constantly thinking about his head, how soon the helmet will be off, how can I stop his head from itching? We recently started baby food which has added a whole new sequence of to do's in my day. But, even after all that, I lay in bed at night and thank God for the blessing of being a mother, of having this perfect child He made inside me. I am in awe of His plan for my life. For all the mothers out there...in honor of upcoming Mother's Day...here is an excerpt from an article I read recently about the bond between baby and mother...

"A single-cell embryo divides only fifty times to become one hundred trillion cells, which is more than all the stars in the Milky Way galaxy. Once your baby is born, all the cells in both of your bodies act in secret synchronicity to create those simple but incredible connections between the two of you. But despite all of the science involved, it's the power of your love-pure and simple-that can protect your child from illness, shape his future relationships, and rearrange his genes to his benefit. In a year or so, when you kiss your toddler's boo-boo better, he'll think you're magical. And the truth is, you are."

Beautiful.

P.S. - For all the Charlie fans...stay tuned for and update/pic/video post...once I get the cameras uploaded.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful.

    Thinking of you hun... I know those worries all too well and while they cause worry and pain, they also make you a stronger parent. Charlie is lucky to have you as a mom!

    ReplyDelete