Monday, May 9, 2011

Disney World May 2011

Ok so I had really good intentions of sitting down and getting TOTALLY caught up with blog posts I need to do. I haven't updated since January so that includes 2 trips to Disney World (spoiled much?), 2 Charlie haircuts (also in DW) a trip to Atlanta, GA which included the Georgia Aquarium, Easter, and other various posts. Well...the ONE night I decide to do this...Trey doesn't bring his laptop home from work...which has all the pictures on it. Luckily...to wet your appetite, I happen to have a few pictures from the latest Disney trip still on the camera which I have uploaded to my laptop and will therefore be able to share...enjoy! Oh and stay tuned for said blog posts...

Ok, so we decided to take ONE MORE Disney trip. This is Charlie's 4th time to go...(ridiculous)...we've gone so many times because we bought annual passes back in May of last year when my whole family went and we knew we were going to go with the Bowen's in October for Charlie's birthday...so it made sense financially. We also have a time share so hotel is taken care of...so basically any trips we took through May 15, 2011 all we paid for was flight and food...and trust me...that is a Disney trip you just can't pass up. Plus...Charlie will turn 2 this year which means we have to start paying for his flight (gulp!) so I have a feeling our traveling days are slowing WAY down. This is the first Disney trip we've been on where Charlie could walk...it was...different. It was nice in the fact that he could walk around with us at the hotel and the parks sometimes and we didn't have to carry him every where. It WASN'T nice in the fact that he wanted to walk...everywhere...all the time. Which is just impossible for bus/logistic/safety reasons. So we had our fair share of temper tantrums...from us all :) It was also the first trip that he really seemed to react to things...he would smile at characters...dance and clap along to music...he even watch the whole show of Mickey's Philharmagic (a 3D glasses wearing show) which thoroughly amused the nice older lady sitting next to us. As Disney loving parents...let me tell you this just melted our hearts. Overall, it was definitely the most challenging Disney trip we've taken, but one of the most fun.

So, like I said, I don't have all the pictures, but here are the few I have. We waited in line one day to get his picture taken with the "main" characters. We've never done this with him so we weren't sure how he would react. He did pretty good. This is basically how it went with each character...I would walk him up to them (he would be smiling from ear to ear), try to let him go so he would stand with the character...he would promptly scowl, wriggle, and try to run away...I would come back and pose with him to get a decent picture, then move on to the next...so here is what we ended up with...

Mickey was first. We got better as we went along so we don't have any walking up pictures here, but Charlie was smiling so big. I was like, yes!, he is going to love it...but as you can see...not so much...

The typical Charlie scowl...
The pushing Mickey's hands away...
The, I'm out of here!
Pluto was next. He particularly loved his nose and whiskers...


BUT...when I stepped back...


Much better with Mommy there...
Minnie was next. Charlie loves Minnie...it's actually pretty funny b/c she is the only one whose name he says (Ninnie actually)...well sometimes he says Dond-dold and sometime he says Key! for Mickey...I think :). In the first few pics she is playing peek-a-boo..you can't really tell but he is smiling SO big.


Then...I stepped back...this is actually one of the better pictures we got of just him.
And he's out of there...

Now, I'm not sure what it was but he HATED Donald...I don't know if he was just over it at this point or what but there was NO smiling with Donald...

He actually started to cry here a little...
Still not sure about this guy...
The best we got...
Goofy was last. At this point I could tell Charlie was done...so I didn't even attempt a walk up and release...plus I think Goofy is too tall to bend down so far :)
Oh and you may notice that he has his hands in his mouth a lot. That's Charlie's sleepy/comfort habit. If he is tired or really upset he puts his hands in his mouth...he doesn't chew on them or suck on them or anything...just holds all his fingers in there...so you'll notice he was getting pretty tired at this point...


And finally here is our "traditional" trip picture in our engagement spot with a #4 for Charlie's 4th visit. It's not a great picture b/c we had to get a random stranger to take it and Charlie was really tired, but you get the idea :)

2 comments:

  1. I think he did great! He may not have been THRILLED with having his picture taken alone with them, but at least he wasn't TERRIFIED.

    And honestly, who likes Donald?

    By the way, you look pretty in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like such a big kid here! i'm excited that he recognized the characters...and he seemed to do really great even if it meant you had to stand there with him. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about the trip.

    ReplyDelete