Friday, January 21, 2011

I think we are officially done with baby food...Thank God!

Yes I realize my son is 15+ months old so obviously we should be done with baby food...well it's not so obvious with my picky eater!! For awhile I haven't been able to get him to eat ANY meat or vegetables that weren't baby food. Well, slowly but surely we have worked up to where he would eat fruits and veggies but still no meat. Well...for the past two days I have gotten him to eat non other than CHICKEN NUGGETS...TWICE! I think we are finally on the right path. So now he will eat corn, green beans, peas, carrots, edamame, pears, bananas, cheese, bread, and chicken nuggets!!! Thank the Lord! Gonna keep working on other meats, but he has also started refusing baby food all together anyways.

Only bad thing is I have a small stock pile of baby food, but it doesn't expire until like Oct 2012 so maybe my next kid will eat it LOL...if not, I can give it away to someone I'm sure.

Charlie man still isn't walking yet...we practice everyday, but his balance just isn't there yet. I've been looking to buy him some good hard soled tennis shoes but OMG kids shoes are expensive...like what the heck??? Seriously...how can a tiny pair of shoes cost so much. The cheapest I can find them in at Walmart for $10 (but I didn't like the colors) and Target for $15 (didn't have his size) but every other place I've looked they are $30-40...seriously?? NO WAY am I paying that much for a pair of shoes he is going to grow out of in a few months...that is against our Bowen family code of cheap...I mean frugalness...So, I'll keep looking at Walmart, Target and consignment stores.

I'm going to try and get all the videos off my phone and camera to post a few...stay tuned.

PS-fun story of the night...Charlie puked milk(and reminants of dinner) ALL OVER the carpet tonight...he drank a lot of milk and then just sat up and bleck...good times...good times.

4 comments:

  1. Man, Charlie needs to cool it on the milk. Maybe he'll have learned his lesson.

    I CAN'T WAIT FOR VIDEOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, Do they still make baby food that is like chicken vienna sausages? It is finger food protein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they make those but he HATES them. I've tried lunch meat too with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should look up the book called "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. I think you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete