Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Charlie's first trip to Disney World!

May 16th-23rd, my entire family (My Mom, Dad, Melaina, Jason, Amy, Shane, Kristin, Trey, Charlie, and I) all went on a trip to Disney World. We had a blast! I will say I had a few reservations about taking a 7 month old to Disney World, but he did really great. He slept through most of the flight there and back and when he was awake he was quiet as a mouse. The whole week he only had two major meltdown and a handful of minor ones. I will say also that it was exhausting and a lot of work coordinating his feedings (especially if I needed to nurse him) and naps, but I improvised. I stretched his feeding (if he would allow it) until I could make it to the baby centers (each park has a baby center with private nursing rooms, high chairs, microwaves, etc....A-mazing! and a lifesaver). If he needed a nap one of us would hold him and bounce him until he fell asleep then we would lay him flat in the stroller and cover it with the shade and a blanket to block out the sun. He slept through a lot of noise and chaos. It was also a lifesaver having my wonderful mother and sisters to take turns carrying, bouncing, playing with him if Trey or I got tired or wanted to ride something. Charlie did get to ride a few rides...Peter Pan, Snow White, Pooh, Pirates, and a few of the 3d shows...but most of the time one or a few of us would sit out with him while the others rode the ride and then we would switch off. Overall, it was a great trip and it was so nice to get to spend so much time with my family! Can't wait till the next time!

Now, as far as the pictures go...Trey and I have been to Disney a lot, so we didn't really take many pictures of Disney World itself (we have a hard drive full of those pictures from previous trips) so most of my pictures were of Charlie (of course) or of random things Trey was playing around taking pictures of. A few days into the trip my talented brother-in-law Jason who happens to be a photographer, gave Trey a rundown on photography in general as well as our camera's specific features. So you may notice that most pictures here on out are various angles, focus, lighting, framing, etc. of Charlie, rather than our run of the mill straight on shots we usually take...enjoy!!


Before the trip...trying on his bathing suit and hat...

One of the few pictures we have with the sunglasses...
Because this is what happens every time they are put on...
Happy boy!
He spent a lot of time in the stroller...so he occupied himself with blowing raspberries...

This picture has a story. We were waiting for our room at Animal Kingdom Lodge to be cleaned and Charlie just could not wait any longer to eat. I was forced to go into the ladies bathroom (one person bathroom, not a room with stalls) to nurse him. Of course there isn't a chair or anything in there so I literally had to sit on the toilet and prop him up with my leg and bag while sitting straight up since there was nothing behind me to lean on. How did he repay me?? He spit up on me on the way out. I have to admit...sometimes I am a super-Mom...see my cape?? It's the dirty spit rag over my shoulder :)
Uncle Shane bought Charlie a baby Goofy doll. Here are a few pictures with Goofy as Trey was testing out camera functions and angles...



Not really sure what this face is, but it is hilarious!
Zonked out on our bed in the hotel...I tried to let him sleep stretched out and comfortable whenever we were in the hotel since he was in the stroller most of the day.
Finally, here we are...our little family of three on Charlie man's first trip to Disney World. This spot in Magic Kingdom is where Trey asked me to be his wife on September 6, 2004. That moment changed our lives and brought us here to this moment with our son. Thank you God for the blessing of my family and being able to share memories with them for the rest of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment