Saturday, February 6, 2010

Charlie is growing so fast...

So we are four days away from the Charlie man being 4 months old. It has been an amazing journey so far and each day he learns something new. Yesterday was a big day for him and me. He slept upstairs in his bed last night. I've been toying with the idea for a couple weeks since he has been sleeping so good at night (he usually gets to sleep about 9:00-9:30 and sleeps until about 5 then I feed him and he goes back to sleep for another couple hours). When he has been sleeping in our room, the dogs, TV in the living room, etc. has been waking him up so I thought now is the time for him to move upstairs to the quiet. Now, those of you who aren't mothers might think...wow that's great...he sleeping through the night in his own room upstairs at 4 months old...me as the Mom...I was pretty torn...sad that he is so far away. I actually missed him. Sad that he is growing extremely fast. Worried that he might need me and is so far away...worried he is cold...worried... But, also happy that I can relax a little for the evening...spend some time with Trey...not having to worry about waking him up. I will say I did have two monitors and a video monitor that was hooked up to our TV so I could turn it on and see him at any moment. So that made me feel better. I did cry at first when I left him up there...but I am glad we did it. He did great! He feel asleep on his own listening to music in his crib about 9:45 and he didn't make a sound until about 3:30am when he woke up and fussed a little. I turned on the TV so I could see him and he was still half asleep so I let him fall back asleep and he slept all the way until 7:00 am!! He never cried, he just woke up and started talking to himself. So overall it was a great experience and we will keep moving forward.

Now regarding his head/neck. We had the Therapist come to the house on Wednesday for an evaluation of his overall development and neck. He is on par (or above) on everything developmentally except the head turning, neck control. So the physical therapist is going to start coming to the house once a week to work on his neck and show me additional things to help him. He did great at the appointment. He talked to them and smiled, he didn't cry when they put him on his tummy. She said that his Torticollis wasn't as bad as she has seen before and the stretches I'm doing are really helping. So we will see how that goes.

Friday we met with a different company for his head called Star Cranium. The did a bunch of measurements and scanned his head. The also recommended the helmet. So we have one more meeting next week with a final company and then we will make our decision. I am leaning towards Star Cranium because they specialize in only babies heads and they are in network for our insurance as opposed to Cranium Technologies. The place we go next week does all sorts of Orthopedic issues so I am skeptical about that. So we will see what happens there.

Trey got back on Thursday from his 6 day trip to Canada for work...I almost went crazy, but survived long enough for him to return to me. To say thanks, Trey took Charlie and me to Olive Garden last night and then watched Charlie while I took a nice long bubble bath. Today we are cleaning up and just enjoying family time together. Tomorrow we are having a few people over for the Super Bowl.

So that's it for now. I don't have any new pictures, but here is another video of him listening to his music. Also, occasionally the videos on here won't play, but if you come back later they work...not sure why, but just keep checking back if it tells you it won't play.

No comments:

Post a Comment